2.05.2011

How DID You Do That?

I thought I'd share how I made these lovely cards with you today


They are VERY simple to make but absolutely adorable.
Supplies:
Cardstock
old text paper
pretty papers (i used scrapbook papers)
glue
scissors or cutting board

Step 1

Cut the card stock to the size you want to create a card. For these I used an 8.5x11 and cut the short side down to 7 and the long side down to 10. Then I divided the long side in half (so you should end up with 2 sheets that are 5x7. Fold them in half so you have a 3.5x5 card.

Step 2

Cut out a strips of paper at 1.5 x 7.5. Glue them to the middle outside of your cards. Trim the excess off.

Step 3

Cut out any shape you want from you vintage text paper. I cut out a heart. Adhear it to the front of your card, centered.

Step 4

Cut out a smaller heart with another colored paper that is contrasting or coordinating to your stripe you glued on earlier.

TA DA!!! You have a VERY easy, inexpensive way of making some cards...or last minute valentines! You can easily skip step 1 buy purchasing a pack of blank cards at any arts & crafts store (ie Michaels, JoAnns, Hobby Lobby, etc). I used a stack of envelopes that I already had laying around for these cards. They're super cute.

If you'd like to see more pictures of them check them out here on my Etsy store.

Here are other cards I've made in a similar fashion. The sky IS the limit...



No comments:

Post a Comment