1.27.2011

Let No Fiber Go To Waste

I wasn't sure what I wanted to work on today. After digging around I realized I had a sizable amount of scrap yarns.


I love bulky, soft yarns and figured that these colors work together and would make a great big, comfy cowl.


Here is a sneak peak at the cowl. Finished project will be displayed tomorrow!


I've started researching making a baby or afghan blanket via crochet! I'm trying to decide whether I want to make it in the
Granny Square Style


 or the

Granny Stripe Style

Any thoughts? Suggestions?

4 comments:

  1. I would go with a granny square, there's just something about the satisfaction everytime you finish a square. :-) I myself have just started one with yarn that I've had for over ten years! I think it's time to get it out of the closet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually started BOTH!!! I'm a nut, I know! I just love both style SO INCREDIBLY much. Plus, it's good practice. I may have a baby shower to go to in a few months...a blanket would be a great gift! (stripes for a boy, squares for a girl)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool! I have so many projects going right now, knitting socks, a knit tunic, a blanket, I can't stop! Plus everything for my etsy shop. I think I drive my husband crazy! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know the feeling...I'm driving my husband crazy as well. I have yarn ALL over the place. We bought a 2nd book case for the office...now i have one thats JUST for yarns and fabrics lol! I'll post pics after it's organized! HAHA Right now the room is frightful.

    ReplyDelete